A little glimpse into the baby room!
Here’s a little peek into Penny’s baby room! I’m basically all done I just need a side lamp and side table!
I’m really loving black and white these days so when I start any room I always paint everything white and then I build off that! I wanted to go for a light and fresh look and since we know it’s a girl I added pops of peach and pink to the room to make it girly!
I got the Oeuf sparrow crib….it was a gift from Jason’s grandparents and I absolutely love it! It can also change into a toddler bed once they are old enough….awesome right?
The curtains are handmade from Ikea fabric and the locker below the window is also from Ikea too!
I got the cute little black polka dot decals off the internet, they are so easy to put on! When you get sick of them and want to redecorate you can just peel them off!
I will show you the rest of the room next week so stay tuned! We just recently painted her closet door with chalkboard paint…eeek! Baby rooms are just so much fun!
Hope you enjoyed it!
DIY Cloud Mobile
Today I’m going to show you how to make the cutest baby cloud and raindrop mobile!
I’ve been seeing a lot of stuffed felt clouds and raindrops lately on instagram and pinterest….but I had never seen an actual mobile. I was actually going to buy some online and turn it into a mobile…which is sooo soo silly because you can make your own so easily!!!
This DIY project will make your baby room look so damn cute!!
What you need:
* Patterned scrap material - I didn’t want to just go for solid colours so I chose to use the scrap materials I got from Spoonflower.
* scissors & hook for ceiling
* white thread, sewing machine and needle
* embroidery ring painted white
Step 1: I drew out the clouds and raindrops on the fabric with pencil then cut, no stencil needed :) Cut three clouds and 3 raindrops for each cloud!
Step 2: I sewed the edges roughly with a sewing machine because I like the messy look but if you want more of a clean look you can sew the right sides together and then turn it inside out :)
Step 3: Leave a small hole for you to stuff! Use a pencil to push it in.
Step 4: Hand stitch the opening closed.
Step 5: Now to sew and stuff the raindrops….this can be tricky because they are so darn small. I just hand stitched all of them and left an opening at the top to stuff them….just a tiny bit of stuffing is needed for this.
Step 6: Sew the top of raindrop to the bottom of the cloud with the white thread you have and knot it so it’s secure. Now continue doing this and place the raindrops at different lengths on each cloud.
Step 7: Now use your white thread to sew through the top of the cloud and tie to the embroidery ring. Place each cloud at a different length.
Step 8: Take some thick thread and tie the mobile at four points on the embroidery ring to be able to hang it from the hook that you screwed into the ceiling. Now you are DONE!!!!
I hope little Penny likes it! She will be arriving very soon and I just can’t wait!! All her little friends in her crib are anxiously waiting to meet her too!
Hope you enjoyed this fun DIY!
Have a wonderful day :)
DIY party napkins!
So I was breezing through pinterest to get some new party ideas for a friends birthday and I saw the cutest napkins that had EAT stencilled on the bottom and I wanted to recreate them! But instead used black ink and stamps to put EAT at the bottom and I think they turned out really well!!
There is something so beautiful about just having a nice simple place setting….and a little bitty feather will help with that!
These were so inexpensive to make, I got the plain fabric from ikea…$2.99/meter and then you just stamp away! You can easily personalize it any way you want too!
Dinner party coming up??? Why not try this fun DIY??!!! Supah fun!
Have a great weekend!
Who knew Superstore would be so cool?! I just love their baby clothes and decor right now! They have a whole bunch of new spring stuff in!! The fox clock is now hanging up in her room and her aztec leggings will be patiently waiting in her drawers till she is 3 months! Also how awesome are the sleepers? Only $8!!! Everyone should definitely take a look…so cute!!!
Happy happy Valentines Day!!!!!! This is probably my favorite holiday!!!! Just full of love, hearts, candy, chocolate, pretty decorations and flowers!!!! I’m busy punching some hearts to dress up the table tonight for my husband! Our last valentines together because soon we will have a little girl in the mix and I just can’t wait!!!!
I thought I would share some pregnancy outfits I’ve been rocking lately :) This post is for all the first time mommies!!!
It can be extremely hard to get yourself ready in the morning when you’re 8 months pregnant….because your belly is getting huge and everything seems to tent over your bump. Like literally tent and make you look gigantic!! But I think I have found out a way to work with it though…and I wish someone had told me this 5 months ago before I bought so many loose large clothes for later in pregnancy.
Some pregnancy clothing essentials that you definitely need are:
* Some nice long shirts….in stripes, black and grey or any neutral colour so you can wear them with anything or under anything! I got mine from H&M…only $12.00 :) Stock up! They have long tanks, shirts and long sleeves there.
* Black pregnancy jeans that are legging material! I got mine from Mavi…you can go in there and pick whatever jean you like and they will make them into pregnancy pants for you :) I wear mine all the time….and I mean all the time…..the black is no longer black…it’s grey I wear them so much! They are great if you want to feel like a normal person and stop wearing lulu’s!
* Large chambray shirt in light jean and dark jean! These are lovely to put over shirts or just button up over your bump…the best thing about them is is that they don’t tent over your bump! I like large because it’s nice and long and covers my bum. No one wants to see a pregnant lady’s big bum in black leggings hahah!
* Wifred sweatshirts!!!! I love love love these…like the stripe one I’m wearing below. Yes they’re pricey but they are worth it because you can wear them during and after pregnancy….and trust me…you will wear them all the time! They are nice and long and come in light and dark grey too! I got mine at Aritzia.
* Last but not least….some cute accessories to dress up all the black clothes you will be wearing non stop during the last few months of pregnancy. Black is your best friend at this point hahah…it’s very sliming and will make you feel fabulous! I got my short collar necklaces at H&M… they are cheap and cute!!!! When its spring you can pop some bright colours in your wardrobe with some necklaces and not have to spend a fortune on new clothes :)
I don’t know why I put this last picture in….I just thought it was funny :)
When you are buying clothes for pregnancy a tight fit is much better!! You’ll want to buy large loose pieces because you’ll think they will be comfortable but trust me…the tight stretchy clothing that hugs your body are much more flattering!!
Hope this helps the first time mamas out there….If you have these staples in your wardrobe you’ll look so fab!!!!
33 weeks preggers!! It looks like I have swallowed a watermelon! Since it’s so big I’m having a rough time finding clothes that fit me :( I’m in desperate need of long shirts because everything I seem to wear just drapes over the belly and makes a tent. But besides my clothes issues I’m so so excited meet this little girl…can’t wait to see her face! I feel so lucky to have this baby!! I’m still working on her room but I will definitely post pictures soon :)
DIY Polka Dot Onesies!
Whether you’re a mom-to-be or a person trying to find something to bring to a baby shower…this DIY is for you!
So this is supah simp…..very straightforward…anyone can do it!
What you need:
* one blank onesie (and a cardboard insert)
* black fabric paint
Step one: Dip the eraser end of the pencil in the fabric paint and dab it on the onesie….continue several times till the onesie is fully covered!
Once you finish one of these you’ll get addicted and want to polka dot everything…which I fully did! ahhah!
You could switch it up and change the colour of the onesie or the paint colour….have some fun!